How to add custom "notes" as citations in Chicago style?

Hey! What I'm referring to here is adding a footnote among Chicago style citations that would be like an authors note, very common in many many academic texts as I'm sure you've seen. I know both Judith Butler and Marx like to do this a lot.

i.e. citation 15 could be "Marx, Capital Vol 1, 437." and 16 could be like "For further reading on this topic see Marx's writing during the Paris Commune and his letters to France."

Apologies if I'm missing something, but I can't figure out how to do this without attaching it to a citation, or just creating a random citation and naming it what I want the note to be, which of course screws up the bibliography. Is there a way to do this manually that won't screw up my whole citation structure? Any help with this would be awesome. Thanks!
  • You can just insert a footnote in your word processor. Zotero citations behave like any other footnote and can be mixed with notes that don't contain citations.
  • Ah you're right. I suppose I figured it would break everything so I didn't even bother to try. Thanks so much!