Move (not copy) items from "my library" to "group library"

For a joint project, I created a "group library." In it, I copied "my library" completely. That worked. The disadvantage now is that I see all the books twice. They appear once in "my library" and once in the "group library." I want to merge both libraries.

At first, I hoped to solve this by deleting "my library." I thought that footnotes that first referred to the book in "my library" would then automatically refer to the book in "group library." That did not work. The footnotes are linked to "my library."

Second, I was hoping to move "my library" to "group library." After all, I had copied that one earlier. That, too, did not work. I can only copy (a + remains visible). Holding the Shift button did not make that a "move."

Third, I thought this was due to Juris-M 5.0.17.3. I installed Zotero 5.0. I could also only copy from "my library" to "group library" and thus not move anything.

In reading the forums, I do not immediately discover a solution. Which method should I follow to replace "my library" with "group library" without affecting already created footnotes? Apparently, each item has its reference number, and a new reference number is created when copying, so I cannot delete the item in "my library" and thus have everything twice (1x "my library," 1x "group library").
  • edited May 16, 2021
    Which method should I follow to replace "my library" with "group library" without affecting already created footnotes?
    I'm afraid there's just no option to do that. Note, however, that you can keep woring with items from your library cited in a document even after they're deleted in your library. You just can't update the metadata.
  • Thanks, Adam
    Sad that the option does not exist.

When I deleted "my library," I noticed that the "refresh" did not give a good result. Also, "change note" no longer showed the author's name, but only the title in quotes. So I doubt if I can indeed continue working that way.