Style edit request: Remove comma after author, in-text citation ('Theory, Culture & Society' style

Hi all,

I tried to understand how to edit a style but with no success, so I thought I could ask directly the community here.

I need a small change to the 'Theory, Culture & Society' style. For in-text references, the style currently is in the format '(Author, Year: Page)'. I need to remove the comma after the author so that it appears as, say, '(Deleuze 1991: 253)'.

Can anyone please help by signalling the line in the csl file of the style that needs editing?

Thanks!
  • We always try to fix these things for the style on the repository, so everyone has the correct style, not just one single person. ;)

Can you copy the part from the citation guidelines where this is shown and the link to them and I'll get that fixed. :)
  • edited May 8, 2021
    Thanks, I was indeed not implying I wanted the style on the repository to be amended, but only my csl file of the "theory, culture & society" style :)))

Sorry about the banal question, but I am not sure I understand what do you want me to copy for you?
    Thank you again!
  • Hi @damnation,

Could you please indicate how I can modify my csl file so that the TC&S style I am using displays the in-text citations as I indicated above without comma between the author's name and the year of publication?
    Thanks
  • edited May 11, 2021
    Sorry this dropped of my radar. Thanks for pinging me.

Line 269 is where you need to change the delimiter to just " ".
  • Thank you very much for that, all fixed!! :)

Thanks!
  • edited August 2, 2023
    For anyone not seeing the comma in the in-text citation
    Hi All, I have faced the same problem now and the solution seems to be as follows: From the document itself (not Zotero app), click the 1- Zotero tap either in word or in google docs (as in my case), then 2- chose document preferences. This will open a Zotero window in which you can 3- pick the right style. Then 4- click ok and 5- click Zotero tap again to 6- click refresh this time and see the updated style. Unfortunately, I was trying to fix this problem in Zotero app which is not correct. Hope this helps anyone here and good luck for anyone working on his/ her research.