Amazon.com Kindle edition metadata doesn't import?

Today I went to the Kindle store on Amazon and tried to save a Kindle edition citation to my Zotero library. The book icon shows up just fine in the URL bar, but when I click on the icon the data doesn't import.

Example: http://www.amazon.com/What-Would-Google-Do/dp/B001NLKYT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1253636191&sr=1-1

I've tried with half a dozen different Kindle books, and same is true for all of them. It's also true for the folder icon that appears on a search results page in the Kindle store. Other Amazon edition citations (i.e., those not in the Kindle store) import normally.

I'm running 2.0b7.1.
  • I had the same problem. I've switched to the hardcover versions to import into Zotero, which is less than ideal.
  • edited December 6, 2009
    Unfortunately Amazon does not provide structured metadata for Kindle versions. However, a book icon should not show for Kindle item pages, since they typically use a slightly different page structure. If you're seeing an icon on Kindle item pages please view the source of the page and search for

name="ASIN

Do you find name="ASIN" or name="ASIN.0"?