Restoring citations from a Google Docs transfer document fails

• edited May 6, 2021
    I have the same or a related problem. I have followed the extra step suggested above but still get an error.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start Zotero
    2. Open Google Document in Firefox or Chrome
    3. Check Google document has Zotero citations and Zotero extension can edit them.
    4. Create new copy of Google Doc.
    5. Select Zotero Menu
    6. Select "Switch Word Processors"
    7. Select File Menu
    8. Select Download As Microsoft (docx)
    9. Save file
    12. Open Word processor
    13. Open File
    14. Select refresh Zotero button
    15. Get pop: Would you like to restore the Zotero citations in this document for use in LibreOffice?
    16. Select restore citations
    17. Pop up: Zotero integration "Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

The same thing happens if saving as an ODT
    Steps:
    after step 7 above
    8A. Select Download as Open Document Format (odt)
    9A. Save file
    12A. Open Word processor
    13A. Open File
    14A. Select refresh Zotero button
    15A. Get pop: Would you like to restore the Zotero citations in this document for use in LibreOffice?
    16A. Select restore citations
    17A. Pop up: Zotero integration "Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

To recap, this error occurs using Google documents in Firefox but also in Chrome, and whether the document is saved as .docx or .odt
  • The error log reads:
    [JavaScript Error: "WebSocket connection closed: 1006 "]
    [JavaScript Error: "The connection was refused when attempting to contact wss://stream.zotero.org/."]
  • Could you submit a Report ID from Zotero?

Can you reproduce this with a smaller version of the same document? Say if you cut your original Google Doc to a couple of pages? If so, can you share the cut-down failing version with support@zotero.org?
  • Report ID: 410448338
  • I have sent a cut down failing version to support@zotero.org
  • The file imports fine for me, after saving it as .odt with LibreOffice 6.4.0.3. You should use .odt for LibreOffice and .docx for Word. .docx for LibreOffice won't work. What version of LibreOffice are you using?
  • edited May 7, 2021
    Libre 6.07.3 with Zotero extension 5.0.23.

To be clear, the problem persistently occurs whether I download as .odt or .docx.
  • I upgraded to Libre 7.1.3.2 using the command lined and the issue appears to be resolved.