Can't drag columns in middle pane

This may be related to other aspects of the UI that seemed to break with the new Mac refresh like column resizing and collection highlighting--I can't reorder the columns in the middle pane by drag-and-drop.

Intel MacBook, 10.6.1, ff3.5.3, Zotero 2.0b7.1.
  • Try deleting localstore.rdf in your Firefox profile. It contains window settings and will automatically be recreated.
  • Thanks Dan, I had thought of that since it previously fixed my column resize issues, but no such luck this time. localstore deleted, columns still don't drag.
  • Can you drag columns in, say, Firefox's Organize Bookmarks window? (This wouldn't indicate that it's not a Firefox issue, which it appears to be, but it may be helpful to know.)
  • edited September 22, 2009
    Yes, dragging columns in history and organize bookmarks windows works fine. Dragging also works in windows opened by such plugins as Adblock Plus (preferences pane) and DownThemAll (selection window). Interestingly, dragging also works in the Add/Edit citation window under the MacWord 3.0a5 extension. It's super specific to Zotero's middle pane.
  • Well, I'm afraid I don't have any further advice. Zotero defines enableColumnDrag on the tree, which is pretty much its only role in this. The rest is handled by Firefox. So beyond deleting localstore.rdf—with Firefox closed, just to be clear—I don't really have anything else to recommend.

In a pinch you could try a new Firefox profile, though that's a bit extreme.
  • Huh. Well that's kind of a bummer. Anyone else out there having this issue on a Mac?