Some suggestions - iPad/iOS (113)

First of all, I'm really impressed with the new iOS/iPad versions of Zotero.
Still, there are some things I have noticed that could be improved.

1 Left sidebar/My Library (iPad):
This should be resizable/hideable. It's taking up a lot of space. Also it would be nice to be able to change the font size or use line breaks when the full collection title cannot be displayed. Currently I can see only part of the collection names.

2 My Library pane (iOS):
It would be nice to be able to change the font size or use line breaks when the full collection title cannot be displayed. Currently I can see only part of the collection names.

3 Main pane (iOS + iPad):
Long titles are only displayed partially. Ideally the results should be listed using line breaks when there is not enough space in one line to display the full title.

4 Main pane (iOS + iPad):
I like to often attach multiple files to a single parent item. In the desktop app it is easy to simply expand the entry and have direct access to the attached documents in list view. A similar option would also be appreciated in the iOS/iPad versions.

5 Item pane (iOS + iPad):
Ideally we should be able to rearrange the order of the fields that are displayed. Alternatively the abstract filed should be listed further up, similar to where it is positioned in the desktop app.

6 Item pane (iOS + iPad):
Sometimes I use the item pane in the desktop app to add notes to documents attached to a title (e.g. to images or PDF-files). These get synched to all machines, but are not visible/accessible at all in the iOS/iPad versions

7 Collection pane/Item pane (iPad):
Ideally these panes would be similar to the desktop app's standard view, i.e. split the screen between collection pane and Item pane.

Lots of suggestions, I know, but maybe something to consider. Keep up the awesome work!
  • edited April 25, 2021
    It would be nice to be able to change the font size
    The app supports Dynamic Type, so the font size will adjust as you set it system-wide in Settings.
    Sometimes I use the item pane in the desktop app to add notes to documents attached to a title (e.g. to images or PDF-files). These get synched to all machines, but are not visible/accessible at all in the iOS/iPad versions
    I'd recommend avoiding embedded attachment notes, which are likely to be discontinued and migrated to regular child notes in a future version of the desktop app.

As for the rest, I'm not going to go through each one, but iOS apps just mostly don't work the way you're describing (sidebars aren't generally resizable, long titles don't wrap (which would result in rows of varying height)) and/or we don't feel that what you're asking for makes sense on an iPad-size screen (a hierarchical items list, putting Abstract in the middle of other fields), and they're unlikely to be implemented.