Two finger gestures in highlight mode in iOS

It would be nice if the highlight mode in iOS would distinguish between single finger/pen for highlight and two finger for the usual pan and zoom. This way, less switching would be needed.
  • I'd like to reiterate this point, as it would be easy to implement and in my opinion a big step for the iPad version. Currently, when one goes in Highlighting mode, every finger or pen input is turned into a highlight. This means that when one wants to pan or zoom to a different part of the document, one has to switch off the annotation mode, pan or zoom, and switch it back on. But iOS has the capability to distinguish between single finger and multiple fingers reliably. If multiple fingers were supported, we could have the best of both worlds.
  • We'll see if we're able to do this.
  • Unfortunately this is not possible currently due to some limitations which are not in our control. We'll keep an eye on this and hopefully this can be supported in future.
  • Ok, thanks for checking!
  • I would also like to express my support for this suggestion. It would make highlighting much more convenient. Thank you for considering it
  • This seems to be implemented in the lates beta, thanks!