Bibliography inserts properly but changes font on refresh (Word 2016)

Based on other posts, I have checked many times that my styles are correct, but every time the same thing happens:

When I insert the Bibliography, it comes in with the appropriate Bibliography style. But when I refresh citations, the font and size are changed to Times New Roman 12pt, regardless of what I had set. Other aspects of the Bibliography style, like line spacing, appear unaffected. It's just font and size. If I "apply" the Bibliography style, it applies correctly and returns the bibliography to its appropriate font and size.

Also, with some experimentation, I found that this occurs with some citation styles and not others (eg, it happens with "Chicago Manual of Style 17th Edition", but not "Cite Them Right 10th Edition - Harvard").

I'd rather not delete and reinsert my references every time I refresh, but at the moment that's my required added step.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Do you get any error messages from Zotero when that happens? Could you submit a Report ID after such a refresh? Does it fix itself if you switch the document citation style to a different one and back? Can you reproduce this in a new document? Which specific version of Word (such as 16.48)?