Zotero - Libre office

I did update Libre office, I did update Java. The zotero extension cannot be installed either automatically or manually. Do I have to install the lastest version of Zotero now? If so, is there any chance that I lose the content of my library ? Thank you because I'm lost
  • Please do not create new threads for the same problem, just reply to existing ones. Continue the discussion here.

Updating Zotero won't affect your library in any way and you should always stay with an up to date version. Otherwise please describe in details what you have tried to do and what happened so far. One of the most common problems with LibreOffice plugins is missing or misconfigured Java installation https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#installation_error
  • edited April 19, 2021
    Here you are (failure in instralling manually the extrension from zotero)
    I tried to install it autimatically but it failed too.
    See below:

Ajouter des extensions
    C:\users\Frederic\AppData\Roaming\LIbreOffice\4\user\uno_pakages\cache\uno_packages\lu9323bl5b1.tmp\zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt n'existe pas

Thank you so much for your prompt and quick reply!

Java was installed and upgrades recently.
    I see no reason why I need to upgrade Zotero installed in november 2020.

Regards,
    Frederic
  • edited April 19, 2021
    Pathway where Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration is positioned:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Zotero\extensions\zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration@zotero.org\install

Thank you.
    Reg,
    Frederic
  • @FredFoulon: Again, please stop creating new threads for the same topic. If you want to reply, reply in this thread. Do not click "New Discussion". I've moved your posts here.
  • @FredFoulon: I have no idea why you keep starting new threads, but you're now blocked from further posting. If you want to reply in this thread, we can continue to help you. Otherwise, I'm afraid you're on your own. We can't let you continue to spam the forum with new threads.
  • Sorry, so sorry. I hope I’m using the right channel now. Question of habit. I’m also disturbed about the issue. Thank you so much for your constant and ongoing support and understanding.
    Frédéric
  • What happens when you try to install the plugin manually?
  • Nothing, it failed as per the new thread I wrongly created where I wrote the repertory and file name.
    Thank you
  • Is the error message from the attempt to manually install via LibreOffice? If so this could be security software on your computer interfering, or corruption of your LibreOffice profile, in which case you should remove it, restart LibreOffice and attempt manual installation again. https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile
    I see no reason why I need to upgrade Zotero installed in november 2020
    Zotero updates itself automatically unless you have specifically disabled it. You should keep Zotero updated or you won't get new feature updates and bugfixes, and we're also unable to provide troubleshooting to non-up-to-date versions of Zotero.
  • No the error message arised out from Zotero / Preferences indicating that the LO module is installed (said otherwise the Zotero LO plugin is already instralled / active).
    It is disturbing me, really.
    Everything seems OK except I cannot have the Zotero buttons in LO writer whatever the manipulation to add the Zotero extension / plug-in.
    Certainly, the issue is minor but the question is to identify it before fixing it... .

Frankly I used Zotero in March from Libre Office and it works, except that the citations were paint in grey (author's name and year).
    The comprehensive citation also works perfectly well.
    From march to these days of April, I just changed nothing to LO, Zotero and Java.
    Zotero was installed in November 2020, Java was installed in Jan 2021 and it works well from this point in time.
    No way we can chat on line, I guess, I'm correct?
    Kind Regards,
    Frederic

PS: the tool is fantastic. It will save me a lot of time but...
  • No the error message arised out from Zotero / Preferences indicating that the LO module is installed
    That doesn't matter. This is a LibreOffice error. Zotero tries to start the LO extension installation process for you, but the installation is performed by LO, and the error comes from LO. You can always install the .oxt directly, leaving Zotero out of it completely.

If you get an error installing the .oxt directly, following the manual installation instructions, then this is entirely a LO problem, and the most common fix is to delete your LO user profile folder. If that doesn't help, you should try the things in the troubleshooting section that Adomas linked to above.
  • SOLVED! You're the best. What a relief, what a relief. Thank you so much for the continuous support. It indeed originated from the user profile. I changed the folder to user old and relaunch LO writer then I was able to generate the Zotero extension from the dedicated menu in LO writer.
    Hard to believe.
    Regards,
    Frederic