Settings sync fails due to exceeding API limits

Hiya,
I just migrated to zotero and now the settings sync dies due to more than 150 settings being synced at once. The API limits syncing to 150 settings at a time, but the client code doesn't split settings to sync in access of 150 into appropriately sized batches.

(3)(+0000004): Uploading 202 settings

(3)(+0000000): Sending If-Unmodified-Since-Version: 973

(3)(+0000000): [ConcurrentCaller] Running function (0/4 running, 0 queued)

(3)(+0000001): HTTP POST "{"lastPageIndex_u_4RDTDEU3":{"value":4},"lastPageIndex_u_S6JZXMQ4":{"value":3},"lastPageIndex_u_R7KFQMLK":{"value":4},"lastPageIndex_u_RARMRU55":{"value":5},"lastPageIndex_u_JNX6MH83":{"value":0},"lastPageIndex_u_44CP3ITM":{"value":0},"lastPageIndex_u_7GF4XDYH":{"value":0},"lastPageIndex_u_3JB4SQFI":{"value":0},"lastPageIndex_u_8AI4Q3MX":{"value":0},"lastPageIndex_u_R58ELTTJ":{"value":0},"lastPageIndex_u_WSJJ7QZE":{"value":0},"lastPageIndex_u_6V6RGNH5":{"value":0},"lastPageIndex_u_DQNDAART":{"value":1},"lastPageIndex_u_IIVID8ML":{"value":0},"lastPageIndex_u_3PTEVS59":{"value":0},"lastPageIndex_u_ESEIXC3K":{"value":0},"lastPageIndex_u_YKGUJVUM":{"value":6},"lastPageIndex_u_95KDBIJQ":{"value":4},"lastPageIndex_u_3AVSUAJT":{"value":2},"lastPageIndex_u_3QXD8H6D":{"value":0},"lastPageIndex_u_8R24F2QY":{"value":0},"lastPageIndex_u_8B725LH3":{"value":0},"lastPageIndex_u_UXYVC3SA":{"value":0},"lastPageIndex_u_DRM5XHMR":{"value":0},"lastPageIndex_u_HM2ZFHU6":{"value":0},"lastPageIndex_u_6E76II2D":{"value":0},"lastPage…" (7879 chars) to https://api.zotero.org/users/5472474/settings

(3)(+0000001): POST body gzipped from 7879 to 1487; 81% savings

(1)(+0000158): HTTP POST https://api.zotero.org/users/5472474/settings failed with status code 413: Cannot add more than 150 settings at a time
  • This is on our to-do list, but it only happens if you open a huge number of PDFs before syncing. We'll try to get to it soon.
  • opening the pdfs was the only way to get them to sync, strangely (changing the setting to download at sync time didn't in fact download the files at once.

I guess this isn't very high on your todo list then, is there something I can do to fix my problem in the meantime? js console wise or so?
  • opening the pdfs was the only way to get them to sync, strangely (changing the setting to download at sync time didn't in fact download the files at once.
    That certainly isn't the case in general. Is this a new installation, or was this an older library that you were reviving? With Zotero Storage or WebDAV? There are some rare edge cases where you might need to use Sync → Reset → Reset File Sync History, such as if you delete your local 'storage' directory without deleting your database.
    is there something I can do to fix my problem in the meantime?
    I've increased the server limit further for the moment.
  • edited April 15, 2021
    Oh, it's quite an edge case. It's an older library that I merged with a current export of my mendeley library, using zotero beta, with files on webdav. (yes, I'm a naughty user ;)

Thank you for the quick fix!