Zotero Connector not downloading PDFs Report Error 1591295739

My Zotero Connector has stopped downloading the PDFs to my library. It does create a journal item in my library though. I can download and drag and drop the file to the parent item.

I don't know much about this... BUT, I have tried to update the translators and I have also included a error report from the connector

I am logged in with my school credentials and have access to the PDF but they do not download.

Thank you!

• What's a URL where it's not downloading the PDF?

Are you getting the red X next to the PDF in the save popup, or is a line for the PDF not showing up at all?

Assuming you're getting the red X, can you provide a Debug ID from Zotero for a save attempt that fails to download the PDF?

• I am getting the red X in the pop up. The same sequence seems to happen regardless of what journal I am trying to download from. I'm not sure if below is too much information or not enough. Let me know if I can give you any more info.

Thanks!

Scott

The web address is:

https://web-a-ebscohost-com.rts.idm.oclc.org/ehost/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?vid=2&sid=80f06bfe-c756-40e2-b310-cfeabcdc3131@sessionmgr4007

When I get the Debug ID from the help menu there are no errors logged.

FROM ZOTERO

The report ID is 349986271

No errors have been logged since Zotero started.

version => 5.0.97-beta.15+205fe7f03, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.97-beta.15+205fe7f03, extensions => ZotFile (5.0.16, extension), Zotero OCR (0.5.0, extension), Mdnotes for Zotero (0.1.3, extension), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.24.SA.5.0.97-beta.15+205fe7f03, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.17.SA.5.0.97-beta.15+205fe7f03, extension), Better BibTex for Zotero (5.2.145, extension)

FROM THE CONNECTOR

Below is from the connector. Chrome Connector ID 2144414022

[JavaScript Error: "TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    at Object._updateExtensionUI (chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/background.js:518:30)
    at onNavigation (chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/background.js:900:29)"]

[JavaScript Error: "No tab with id: 41."]

[JavaScript Error: "The message port closed before a response was received."]

[JavaScript Error: "No tab with id: 42."]

[JavaScript Error: "No frame with id 26 in tab 2."]

[JavaScript Error: "Cannot access contents of url "chrome-search://most-visited/title.html?rid=1&c=000000ff&fs=12&f=arial,%20sans-serif&pos=10&ta=left". Extension manifest must request permission to access this host."]
  • No, we need a Debug ID from Zotero for the save attempt. Please follow the link for instructions.
  • I think I have it enabled now. The ID is D435648158. I have submitted it through Zotero. Do you need me to post the report here?
  • Just checking to see if this information was helpful.
  • edited April 16, 2021
    If you go to the Proxies pane of the Zotero Connector preferences, do you see one proxy entry (idm.oclc.org) or multiple?
  • Just one proxy. Thank you for your help
  • I'm a bit confused by the setup here. It looks you're saving via EBSCO but journals.cambridge.org is also involved? Can you say a bit more about the domains involved, both when viewing the article page and when manually clicking on the PDF on the page?
  • sorry for the delayed response. The end of the semester got me!

If I have the detailed record up in EbscoHost it downloads the PDF. If I have the PDF on the screen it does not download.

I have a few more finals to wrap up and then I will go through the process one more time and make sure I am sending all the information for the same journals. I think that I may have sent incorrect information.