Report ID 24070841

Hi everyone

I'm getting a red ! next to the refresh button in the Mac desktop app, and when I click it, it gives the message 'Request timed out'. I've been able to add references to the app, which are pulling through as citations into LibreOffice, but I've just gone into the Zotero web library and realised my new references have not been added.

Can anyone help please? Thank you!
  • Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that fails?
  • Thanks for responding so quickly. The Debug ID is D1721428584
  • (3)(+0000000): HTTP GET https://api.zotero.org/users/7085331/groups?format=versions

(1)(+0000005): Error: Request timed out
    Are you running any sort of security software in this macOS account that might be interfering?

It probably won't help, but have you tried restarting your computer?

If this is a laptop, are you able to try from another network to see if it still happens?

If you create a new Zotero profile (e.g., "Test"), can you sync with that? (You can disable file syncing in that profile so that you don't download a copy of all your files)
  • I'm not running any security software but I haven't tried any of the sensible things you suggest :). I'll try them now and report back. Thank you
  • Rebooting solved my problem! Of course...no idea why I didn't try this in the first place. Thanks so much for your help