Zotero changes the bibliography layout when adding a citation

I have used zotero without major problems with word for windows while working on my thesis during the last months. I use APA 7th and write in Times New Roman 12pt. Until today, the reference list has always been in Times New Roman 12pt just as the rest of the document. Now, whenever I add a citation, the layout of the reference list gets changed and doesn't match the rest of the document anymore. I haven't changed any preference settings and everything still worked fine this morning. It wasn't until the third citation or so that this problem appeared.
I can change the layout manually but whenever I add a citation zotero changes it back.
Thanks for any advice!
  • Zotero applies the "Bibliography" style in Word -- if you adjust that (rather than manually fixing the bibliography) once, you should be all set.
  • Thanks, I think this did the trick. I still don't understand why this only changed after several months of working on the same document, though. Also, it only changed the layout in this document while everything works fine in other papers although the default bibliography settings are all the same.
    Thank you anyways!