"Accessed" field for Presentation does not hold its value

Hello,

"Accessed" field for Presentation does not hold its value.
I cannot save values for this filed.

I cannot Add "Webpage" from green plus button.
"More" list contains less items than drop-down list in "info" tab.

Thanks !
  • 1) What's an example of a date you're trying to enter? Zotero has to parse the date you enter, but it's pretty flexible about what it accepts.

2) No, it contains all except for "Web Page". Web pages can be added by navigating to the site in Firefox and using either the address bar icon or Create New Item from Current Page in the Zotero toolbar.

If you need to add a site that's no longer accessible, just create a Document and then switch it to "Web Page".
  • 1. "Accessed" must be an access date. If you type a date, it will be automatically converted to a format Zotero can store.

2. You can go to the webpage, then click the "Create New Item from Current Page" button.
  • edited September 21, 2009
    1. I don't think that's the case - but you can just enter actual dates.
    i.e. 12-12-2008 works, as does Dec 12 2008,
    but neither
    "some time last December" nor 13-13-2008 (i.e. a date that doesn't exist) work.
    if you're absolutely certain that that's not the problem you're seeing, please provide FF version and Zotero version.

2. I believe that's intended. In 95% of all cases you'll use the "Create New Item for Current page" to create a web page entry. If you're going to enter the information manually, you might as well put the url in the url bar and enter it than.
    In the remaining 5% of the cases you can either create an item from whatever web page and change the information, or create a new item from an empty open tab, which will create an empty webpage item.
    Are there any other item types missing from the "more"list?

Edit: oh OK, so I'm slow. I'm going to bad now...