Beta PDF reader - expanded notes

Hello, I've been loving the PDF reader so far. One feature I'd like is the option to for the notes in the left side bar to be expanded by default, so you do not have to jump in text and click twice just to be able to read a highlighted note in full.
  • Could you say more about why you want this?

We can consider this, but you don't have to click twice — you can of course just look at the actual highlight in the PDF, and that would be the case whenever you were writing a comment in the annotation as well. You can even click on one annotation in the sidebar and then use down-arrow to go through each one, which will focus the highlight in the PDF in turn.

The text in the widget is largely meant to help you quickly find an annotation without taking up too much space, while also being available for editing in case it wasn't parsed properly.
  • Sure, mostly for comparing between different parts of books/articles.

In my case for referencing different parts of judgments - the facts and legal analysis are usually split up, so I'd like to be able to quickly reference something/refresh a fact without the document jumping between pages.

I think the purpose of the widget to quickly find annotations is great, I'd just really like the addition of an option to leave annotation expanded (or a way to expand them without the document jumping between pages).