Quick format citation does not show any result

edited April 1, 2021
Hi everyone!

Everything looks good except for when I tried to insert a new citation using Quick format citation, there is nothing appearing after typing some keywords (I am sure that it must be in the library). Thus I have to go through the classic view to insert.

This happened when I used LO 7.0.5 stable version, then I uninstalled that to install new LO 7.1.1.2 but the result is the same.

I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall Zotero plug-in but no help.

I am using Zotero 5.0.96 (manually installed from Zotero website).

LibreOffice 7.1.1.2
Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.21.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.80.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.9.16-1-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
  • It sounds silly.

All I have to do is hitting "space" instead of "enter" after typing a keyword. Then the results are shown.

Anyway, this is might be helpful information for newbies of Zotero like me ^^!

Problem solved (by itself)!
  • Neither should be necessary — it should search automatically after each character is entered. What's an example of something you're searching for? It's possible there could be a problem with a non-Latin input method.
  • Actually, it is just a normal word, in particular, "covid" which is the title of many articles.
    I have tried several times, it is always needed to hit the space bar.
  • Are you using an alternative input method on your computer, though?

If I type "covid" and wait a fraction of a second, I get results. I don't need to press space bar, and that's certainly not normal behavior.
  • You are right!

I am using Ibus with Vietnamese-Bamboo input installed. When I switch to English input method, the results are shown immediately.

It is strange, though. I don't suppose that Zotero is an Asian hater (ok, I am joking :D).

Thank you very much!
  • It has to do with when we receive a keypress event in the textbox. Unfortunately alternative input methods can affect that, and I don't think we can do anything about it.

If you provide a Debug ID for reproducing this, waiting a few seconds before pressing space bar, we'll take a look, though.
  • Done!
    The Debug ID is D553610618.

By the way, I have to press the space bar twice.
    Thank you for your time!