Hopeless request

Hello everyone,

I have a question, though I'm almost sure of the answer. I used to have my library synced on the web, and then de-linked it, and my web library was void. Meanwhile my library on labtop was full. One week ago i got stolen the computer (had some backups but forgot encrypton keys). The question is: there's no chance to restore previous versions of the web library so as to find back part of my lost library?
No pressure but: that's the last hope I have or i will just abandon my PhD.
  • I used to have my library synced on the web, and then de-linked it, and my web library was void.
    What do you mean by "void"?

Unless you deleted your account, whatever data you had online from before you unlinked would still be in your online library (though it might be well out of date). It doesn't seem like there are any items in the account you're posting from, though. Is it possible you were using another account?

Beyond that, if you weren't using Zotero syncing, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do to restore a local library that you don't have a backup for.

If you have backups of your word processor documents, you can keep citing those items using the Zotero plugin, even though the items no longer exist in Zotero. But you couldn't edit the metadata. For that you would need to extract the items back into Zotero using Reference Extractor and then replace all existing citations in the document.