Error report 1651427900

I updated Zotero a couple days ago, updated Work plugin today, and I installed the python plugin for the first time today.

Now I am essentially getting the "Zotero experienced an error while updating your document" when I try to add citations to or refresh existing documents. And I can't add certain citations. However, if I delete my bibliography, everything works just fine. When I re-insert my bibliography the problems recur. Everything in new documents seems to work fine.

Any suggestions?

Mac OSx 10.5.8, FF 3.5.3, Zotero 2.0b7.1, Word plugin 3.0a4, Python 2.6.1.20090330
  • estes, we think we've fixed this issue in the trunk MacWord plug-in, but we're not sure. Would you mind trying it out? You'll need to manually reinstall the MacWord plug-in when we release the next version.
  • Thus far the WordPlugin 3.0a5 seems to have fixed my problem. Thanks, guys.
  • Hello.

I am afraid things are not that good for me. Have updated everything (for Mac and Word 2008 for mac) and worked fine yesterday. Today I went to work where I have windows but the message "Zotero experienced an error while updating your document" came up. Didn't manage to make it work. Came home in the evening and doesn't work here too when trying to add citations to my document (a pretty lengthy one). Works fine for new documents though.
    Any suggestions? Will be in big trouble if I don't manage fixing it...

Thank you!
  • loanna7, one of your citations is corrupt. You have three options:

1) Send the document to us at support@zot...org. We can isolate which citation is broken and send you a fixed version of the document, and you might be able to help us figure out how the citation became corrupted in the first place.
    2) Follow the instructions at http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#debugging_broken_documents to isolate the broken citation.
    3) Wait until late tonight, when we'll put out Zotero 2.0b7.2, which will isolate the corrupt citation on its own and offer to fix it for you.
  • Wow thank you!
    I don't think it will be easy for me to isolate the corrupt citation as it is a very lengthy document. I would be happy to wait for the new version and see what happens tomorrow. If the problem persists I will send it to you.
    I am worried whether the problem is caused by the fact that I use zotero in both mac and pc, because it was fine when I updated everything before I moved to work on my work pc. Anyway thank you very much for your help and I hope it will all be resolved with the new version.
  • Well I managed to fix my document. You were right one of the references was corrupt. Cannot enlight you on how it got corrupted, but was suspicious of it since it randomly changed to a different one 2 days ago. Deleted it from the library and reentered it.
    Thank you for your help!