Environmental Values Journal Style: Update/Fix

edited March 28, 2021
Instructions: https://www.whpress.co.uk/EV/EVinst.html

Here is a list of discrepancies, I might have missed something.

Of these, I am not sure where to correct the trailing full stop.

Is this right to add a stop after a year as a suffix? Where? I am not sure if forcing it for all is correct.

I am not sure where to control the inversion of multiple names.

If anybody could kindly implement and comment, I can look at the diff and learn.

If not, I can give it a go presuming someone will check and correct before merging.

Here is the list of issues.

By the way is there documentation somewhere that explains the hierarchy of macros and maybe shows a couple of commented examples?

----

Remove commas after names in inline ciations. (expected by publisher: (Aldred 2006: 142)), (current and erroneous): (City of Melbourne, 2012: 55)

Remove space after volume number in Journal Article, e.g. (publisher example): Aldred, J. 2006. ‘Incommensurability and monetary valuation’. Land Economics 82(3): 141–161.

Add signle inverted commas to the title in Journal Article, e.g.(publisher example): Aldred, J. 2006. ‘Incommensurability and monetary valuation’. Land Economics 82(3): 141–161.

Add full stop before In in Book Section, e.g. (publisher example): Holland, A. 1997. ‘Substitutability: Why strong sustainability is weak and absurdly strong sustainability is not absurd’. In J. Foster (ed.), Valuing Nature? Economics, Ethics and Environment, pp. 119–134. London: Routledge.

Add signle inverted commas to the title in Book Section, e.g. (publisher example): Holland, A. 1997. ‘Substitutability: Why strong sustainability is weak and absurdly strong sustainability is not absurd’. In J. Foster (ed.), Valuing Nature? Economics, Ethics and Environment, pp. 119–134. London: Routledge.

Ensure full stops after author initials in all styles. These are missing in Edited Book editor names, for example, e.g. (erroneous formatting example): Mares, I. 2001 'Firms and the welfare state: When, why, and how does social policy matter to employers?' In PA Hall, and D Soskice (eds.), Varieties of capitalism. The institutional foundations of comparative advantage, pp. 184–213. Oxford University Press: New York.

Ensure full stops after year. These are missing in Edited Book names, for example, e.g. (erroneous formatting example): Mares, I. 2001 'Firms and the welfare state: When, why, and how does social policy matter to employers?' In PA Hall, and D Soskice (eds.), Varieties of capitalism. The institutional foundations of comparative advantage, pp. 184–213. Oxford University Press: New York.

Ensure no trailing space and full stop in Report, e.g. (erroneous formatting example): Urban Forest Strategy 2012–2032: Making a Great City Greener (2012). 2012. Ed. City of Melbourne. City of Melbourne: Melbourne. . and in Thesis, , e.g. (erroneous formatting example): Hawking, S. 1966. 'Properties of expanding universes'. Doctoral thesis. University of Cambridge: Cambridge, UK. .

Remove ed. from the Author or Report, e.g. (erroneous formatting example): Urban Forest Strategy 2012–2032: Making a Great City Greener (2012). 2012. Ed. City of Melbourne. City of Melbourne: Melbourne. .

Remove commas before end in multiple author names, e.g. (erroneous formatting example): Mares, I. 2001 'Firms and the welfare state: When, why, and how does social policy matter to employers?'. In PA Hall, and D Soskice (eds.), Varieties of capitalism. The institutional foundations of comparative advantage, pp. 184–213. Oxford University Press: New York., cf. (publisher example): Martinez-Alier, J., G. Munda and J. O’Neill. 1998. ‘Weak comparability of values as a foundation for ecological economics’. Ecological Economics 26: 277–286.

(publisher instructions) The reference list should include DOIs where available. They should start on a new line and be formatted like this: https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1007113830879