Feature request: Add author roles

Hello,
I'd propose a feature that allows to assign author roles to different authors. They would for journal articles be some as corresponding author / PI / first author etc.
The corresponding author could be imported, I assume that all other roles are difficult to get (automatically).
Best regards
  • Additionally author types are part of CSL 1.0.2. For now, you can enter these after the author name like this:
    Jones || Sofia (PI)
  • but that'd display in all citations, wouldn't it?
  • then I'll wait for the update and be curious about it :)
  • I have been looking across a couple of different pages without success and the title of this page is the closest I've gotten. I am in the process of cataloging references for my dissertation and some of my materials include roles that are not in the default dropdown. For example, I have a report generated during a grad school cohort's capstone that lists a professor as "Supervisor," which my advisor as well as the university's library staff said to treat her role similar to an editor but with an adjusted label. I know that I can manually edit citations/bibliographies in Word but doing so makes them static, requiring me to remove and replace the bibliography when I add sources to my document.