Major issues with Zotero.

I'm experiencing major issues with Zotero 5.0.72, which I use to add citations in a Word-document on a mac with macOS Mojave.

Every time I want to add a new citation, it keeps loading and gets stuck without finishing. If I then quit Zotero and restart it, it works, and then same thing happens a bit later when I want to add new citations. I don't know if it is related to the number of references in the document, which are getting close to 300, but I did not have this problem earlier.

In addition to this, I now have problem with adding a certain citation, even after restart. I get the message: "Zotero experienced an error updating your document. Would you like to view troubleshooting instructions?".

Is there a new version of Zotero? Because every time I restart Zotero it tells me: "Software update failed, The update could not be installed. Please make sure there are no other copies of Zotero running on your computer, and then restart Zotero to try again." I have not been able to identify additional copies of Zotero on my computer.

I really need to get this working as soon as possible.
  • Latest for Mac is 5.0.96.1. You can just download the latest version from the Zotero website and drag it into place (with the old Zotero cmd-quited). It will pick up your existing data.
  • Thank you for the input! I have now downloaded the latest version. Hopefully this will solve the problem. However, I now get the message "Zotero experienced an error updating your document. Would you like to view troubleshooting instructions?" when I try to add new citations. Any ideas on what is causing this?
  • That I don't know.
  • It works fine now after copy-pasting the text into a new document!