Sync Error--First Time User

This is my first time using Zotero. I've gone through the quick orientation webpage but not much else. I've been able to upload about 1000 out of 1400 citations for a systematic review but I get an error that lists several problems all under the heading of "JavaScript Error" (XML Parsing Error, Zoteror-File-Modification-Time header not set in file..., "Download request...", etc.).

Why would this error only apply to some of the references from the same source? And how do I go about fixing it?

The Debug ID is D1884002598.

Thank you for any help!
  • Are you connecting via a proxy server?

Can you provide a Debug ID for Zotero startup, using the "Restart with Logging Enabled…" option?
  • I have a proxy server for accessing protected information but it was deactivated at the time of upload.

I've restarted the application and syncing is in progress. Sorry for the wait. I'll post the Debug ID once it's ready.
  • I don't know what to tell you. It's working perfectly now. The only thing I changed before restarting the app was switching one of the three file formats from BibTeX to RIS (from BibTeX, RIS, and MEDLINE to RIS, RIS, and MEDLINE).
  • edited March 25, 2021
    This was almost certainly related to your proxy server, not something in Zotero itself. The HTTP responses Zotero received were missing info that should definitely be there for responses directly from the Zotero servers.

Possible that the proxy was active when Zotero was started, which would cause it to keep using it even if later deactivated.