Mac Zotero Beta - not seeing all profiles

I've been having a *lot* of hiccups with the Beta (on desktop). Things usually sort themselves out when I quit and restart Zotero, or, worst case scenario, reboot my iMac. Now, Zotero is opening without giving me the option of choosing the profile I want to be in. So, I can't touch the majority of my research. It opens the same profile each time. Just the one.
  • Have you tried starting Zotero from the command line with the profile flag like you would have done when you started with multiple profiles?
    (see https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/multiple_profiles as a reminder )
  • Yeah, there's absolutely nothing related to the Profile Manager in the beta. That's underlying Mozilla code that hasn't changed in years. Most likely you just checked that box by mistake.
  • Thanks, both. You're right that I checked that box by mistake. I *never* check that box on purpose. It's always a swipe issue as one's finger moves down the screen after selecting from the vertical stack of profiles. If it hangs for a second, you're a goner.

To answer your question, I have been using the multiple profiles for years. As Zotero has changed and I changed browsers, yes, of course, I have started from the command line in the past.

And, yes I've encountered this problem before. I just associated it mentally with a "browser" and not something that lives in Zotero. Makes total sense! My mind just went, "Oh, no! It's a Beta problem!" Sorry for being a dope. I do know exactly how to fix it.

Thanks, as always, for your very timely, and astute help. I'm sorry you're working so late in the day, though. Be well!