drag and drop citations from zotero to text editor

Hi,
wondering how drag and drop fro items in the zotero window to a text editor is implemented. I use linux, and this works for the simple editor GEDIT that comes with gnome in the sence that what appears on the screen is the item formatted according to the bibliographic style, for example, in this case:

{Balagurumoorthy et al., 2008}

On openoffice I gen a large chunk of strange code:
<div style="line-height:1.1em;"> <p style="margin:0">{<span style="font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;">Balagurumoorthy et al.</span>, <span style="font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;">2008</span>} <span class="Z3988" title="url_ver=Z39.88-2004&ctx_ver=Z39.88-2004&rft_id=info%3Adoi/10.1016/j.ab.2008.06.037&rft_val_fmt=info%3Aofi%2Ffmt%3Akev%3Amtx%3Ajournal&rft.genre=article&rft.atitle=Method%20to%20eliminate%20linear%20DNA%20from%20mixture%20containing%20nicked%20circular%2C%20supercoiled%2C%20and%20linear%20plasmid%20DNA&rft.jtitle=Analytical%20Biochemistry&rft.stitle=Anal.%20Biochem&rft.volume=381&rft.issue=1&rft.aufirst=Pichumani&rft.aulast=Balagurumoorthy&rft.au=Pichumani%20Balagurumoorthy&rft.au=S%20James%20Adelstein&rft.au=Amin%20I%20Kassis&rft.date=2008-10-01&rft.pages=172-174&rft.issn=1096-0309"> </span></p> </div>

In other (scintilla based) text editors such as SciTE and WikidPad, I dont get anything at all. Copying using ctrl+alt+c works in all cases.

/bjorn
  • i get the same on ubuntu. copy as html is unchecked.
  • Same here, I forgot to say that html was unchecked
  • I'm not entirely sure (without reviewing the code and the clipboard handling of those various apps) why you're seeing the differences you're seeing, but I explain the general issue here:

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/7923/bibliography-from-clipboard/#Item_3 (paragraph two)
  • I'm not sure - in the paragraph you talk about notes - but our issue pertains to regular citations, without any notes.
    Which really shouldn't be in html unless selected -
    so essentially we're seeing the problem seriate is describing in that thread, in spite of the fact that html is unchecked in the quick copy preferences.
  • Oh, sorry. OK, I'll take a look.
  • The code I get in openoffice looks like HTML, but I am sure that the html checkbox is unchecked. Maybe there is a bug? But it is strange that GEDIT gets it right?
    /bjorn