Multi-select tag editing

Is there any way to support multi-select tag editing? If I know I want 100 documents to all have the same tag, it's rather painful to add it to each one manually. I'm aware of the issues related to different items not having the same set of currently-applied tags, but a simple solution is to just not display anything at all in the Tags panel but still let the user click Add. It would then go through the list and apply the tag to each item selected if the item does not already have the tag.

It may even be possible to determine the set of shared tags dynamically, since even a list of 5-10k papers shouldn't take *that* long to search through linearly.

Thoughts?
  • Select items. Drag to tag in tag selector. "Display all tags in this library" may be helpful.

http://www.zotero.org/support/tags#using_the_tag_selector
  • Aha. I didn't even know about that. I saw the pane on the right hand side between Info and Related and I thought that was the only way to manage tags. Looks good.
  • It would be great if you could multi-select tags in order to delete them all at once from multiple records, maybe by putting a checkbox next to each tag in the selector area or putting them in a list that accepts shift/ctrl clicks.
  • I would like to remove a tag from a subset of all the records that have that tag.