I can't open pdf through Zotero

When I try to open the docs on my library as pdf it always appears an error and I'm not able to do it. In prefernces it's marked like default program but I don't know how to solve it. Thanks you for your help :)
  • Which operating system do you use?
  • Windows 10 I think, thank you Daniel for your answer
  • edited March 12, 2021
    I am using Linux and Mac Zotero as my daily driven. I dont use Windows that often but I will try to help.

So you when you open Zotero and you have pdfs as item in your biblioliography and try to open this pdf you getting an error, yes? When you try on item „open containing folder” can you open pdf in that folder?

What exactly error you are getting?What message says? What pdf reader do you installed an set as default in your system? You could set that when you right click a pdf in windows explorer and select „open as” I think, but I am not sure, bc I am not using windows now
  • HI Daniel! I can open the document in the containing folder but when I try to open it directly on Zotero I get an error. I have Adobe Acrobat Reader Installed. The solution I got is to install Nitro reader and then in preferences I set nitro as the reader but I would like to use Acrobat, the thing is that I cannot find the .exe file for Acrobat to link it in preferences and set it as the main reader. Thanks
  • As far as we know, it's not possible to point Zotero to Windows Store UXP apps, if that's what you're using. You'd have to use a regular .exe app.

(Note, also, that a built-in Zotero PDF reader is now in preview.)