No files are appearing after sync in online library and group libray

Hi,

I have bought 2G online storage and tried synching my files several times, but no file is automatically synced to my online library and I cannot see them also in the group library. I can see the files if I attach them manually in the online library, which is not what I am looking forward to. I am wondering what is the source of the problem. Of course, I checked "sync automatically" and other boxes under Sync Setting and I linked my account.

Any help is highly appreciated.
Zahra
  • Items or files? Where are you looking?

Depending on what exactly you mean, see these pages:

Changes Not Syncing
    Files Not Syncing
  • Files
    I am looking in the online library and other members can't see the files.
    I already checked those pages. I tried everything, still haven't found the source of the problem.
  • The page requests specific information if you're still having trouble. We can't help you further without it.
  • Which specific information I should provide?
  • Given your description, see e.g. step 5 on files not syncing:
    Resetting file sync history shouldn't be necessary under normal usage, but it will cause Zotero to check every attachment to make sure that it has been uploaded to the server. If the file becomes available online, continue to the next step. If not, provide a Debug ID for the first sync after performing Reset File Sync History, followed by a successful opening of the file locally, and post it to the Zotero Forums. For Zotero Storage, include the URL from the web library where you're not able to access the file.
    But please do make sure you've gone through the other troubleshooting thoroughly
  • Thank you
    Here is the debug ID
    D1569433861
    Web library URL: https://www.zotero.org/fuselibrarian/library
  • edited March 5, 2021
    No, the full URL for the item with an inaccessible file.
    (3)(+0000012): Opening C:\Users\[…]\Google Drive[…]\.pdf
    But your debug output seems to show you opening a linked file, not a stored file. Linked files don't sync via Zotero, so they wouldn't ever be openable in the web library, and they can't be copied to group libraries.
  • Thank you very much. So my problem was linked files. Now it is solved.