Error report id 1653528497

My 'setup': A pendrive with portable Firefox 3.0.7, OO portable 3.0, zotero 2.0b7.1 and the OO integration 3.0a2.
I just updated the zotero extension on Firefox. When I restarted Firefox I got the error id mentioned above. It also mentioned that a certain tag in my references library was too long.
I cannot insert citations in Writer, when I press the insert citation button, nothing happens, even though I have designated the correct openoffice and Java diractories.

Hope tou can trace the error.
  • What's the exact error you're seeing the UI?
  • Hello Dan,

Thank you for your quick reply and for looking into this. The full error message is below.

Regards,

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Error processing uploaded data (Report ID: 3c9ab04a)' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

[JavaScript Error: "doc.location is null" {file: "chrome://safe/content/framework.js" line: 2004}]

[JavaScript Error: "doc.location is null" {file: "chrome://safe/content/framework.js" line: 2004}]
  • If you're still having plugin trouble, see the troubleshooting page.

The sync error was just a temporary server error. Are you still receiving it?
  • Hello Dan,

I tried synching again and I came across the error messages below.
    Because it mentioned 'greasemonkey' somewhere, I disabled the greasemonkey extension in Firefox, and now I have no trouble syncing.

The plugin trouble stays, however. i still cannot insert a citation in Writer portable.
    I took all the steps suggested in the trobleshooter, but no results. When I insert a citation, nothing happens and there are no errors to report.

Regards,

Anco

Report ID: 2076158938
    [JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIPrefBranch.getComplexValue]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://greasemonkey/content/updater.js :: anonymous :: line 138" data: no]"]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Error processing uploaded data (Report ID: f472fc33)' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]
  • Greasemonkey shouldn't affect syncing. That was probably unrelated.

What's the version number of the OpenOffice extension reported in the OO extension manager?
  • Hello Dan,

The version number was 3.0a2. However, after updating (Firefox prompted me to do so) to Zotero 2.0b7.2 and Open Office Integration 3.0a3 the problems got worse.
    Now I get an eror message about Firefox not being able to load the component required to integrate with the word processor.

Can you help me?

Kind regards,

Anco

The Debug output being: (430255534)
    [JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'java.security.PrivilegedActionException: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException' when calling method: [nsIFactory::createInstance]" nsresult: "0x8057001c (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_JS_OBJECT)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/integration.js :: execCommand :: line 127" data: no]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/integration.js" line: 127}]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE) [nsIJSCID.getService]" nsresult: "0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/integration.js :: execCommand :: line 127" data: no]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/integration.js" line: 127}]

[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: User cancelled Zotero OpenOffice Integration install"]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'java.security.PrivilegedActionException: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException' when calling method: [nsIFactory::createInstance]" nsresult: "0x8057001c (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_JS_OBJECT)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/integration.js :: execCommand :: line 127" data: no]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/integration.js" line: 127}]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE) [nsIJSCID.getService]" nsresult: "0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/integration.js :: execCommand :: line 127" data: no]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/integration.js" line: 127}]