APA 7th Ed. Incorrect Capitalization

Hello,

I know this question has been answered a number of times, but I can't seem to find in my Zotero preferences a way to change the output of the title capitalization in the APA 7th edition style. For example:

"Rahman-Shams, S. (2019). The Effect of 3D Virtual Reality Technologies on Learning: A Qualitative Research [Dissertation, American College of Education]. https://pqdtopen.proquest.com/pubnum/27912191.html"

Is there anyone who could walk me through, step by step, how to change the preferences so that the title does not include capitalized words (except for the first word)?
  • You should store the items in your library in sentence case. It’s possible to reliably transform to title case, but not vice versa. You can transform items in your library by right clicking on the title in the right pane and choosing sentence case.
  • Thank you for your response! It seems a tad tedious to have to do it for each item though.
  • Most items should import with titles in sentence case, and that should be something you check as you go when importing new items.

As I said, it’s not possible to reliably convert from title case to sentence case because of proper nouns.
  • @rosebrand98: See Sentence Casing for the full explanation of this. This just isn't something computers can reliably do automatically.