Sync Error on 2.0b7.1

Since updated to 2.0b7, I'm seeing the following problem. Could anyone shed some light to help? thanks. I'm using WEBDAV on box.net; server verification OK.

Report ID 551748572

Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIFile.create]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Trying to update finished request null/IAMH7Q7C in Zotero.Sync.Storage.Request.onProgress()' when calling method: [nsIProgressEventSink::onProgress]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]
  • edited September 17, 2009
    Could you generate debug output for the sync attempt from the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences, send it in, and post the Debug ID here? Thanks.
  • I have sent in with Debug ID D1841031086.
    Thanks.
  • Dan, any good news on the progress of this fix? I'm using multiple computers on different locations and requires sync to work. The database is out of sync for a few days since upgraded to 2.0b7. I also cannot revert to older version of Zotero due to SQL changed. I'm helpless with the sync problem, any suggestion? Thanks.

HL
  • After the update I am no longer able to make changes to a group library that I created because of sync issues. I am getting the following code:

I use Zotero on two machines - one running xp and one running vista. I got this message on my vista machine.
  • fritz: That's an unrelated issue. Please start a new thread.
  • hlyiu88: We're still looking into this, but note that this is only a file sync problem. Your database should still sync fine.
  • edited September 18, 2009
    hlyiu88: OK, try moving the files AHSGBTNI.prop and AHSGBTNI.zip on your WebDAV server out of the 'zotero' folder. There's a filename containing colons ("...dissertations:preview_all:96354...") in that ZIP file, which is invalid on most operating systems. If you can rename that PDF file on the other computer, it should upload a new ZIP file to the WebDAV server and sync over (assuming there are no others like).

Also, if you can recall where that file came from (ProQuest site translator?), when you added it, and on what OS, that would be helpful.
  • edited September 18, 2009
    Dan,
    I can remove the file from the server. However, seems that the file is encrypted; could you advise how I can decrypt the content? I would like to at least know the name of the content so that I can find the source of it. Thanks.
    HL
  • It's not encrypted, but Zotero encodes the filenames in the ZIP files to work around a Firefox limitation. But you can search for the filename snippet I provided above in the storage directory on your other computer (or possibly within Zotero) to find the file. It's a PDF.

Alternatively, just give the uncompressed file (with the weird filename) a .pdf extension and it should open.
  • Dan,

I have removed the file on the WEBDAV server but the error still exist.
    I can clean up that item. Could you advise how I can stop it keep searching for the file? thanks.
    The Debug ID is D347324734.
  • I don't see any sign of an error in that debug output. What's the error message you see on-screen, and what's the Report ID from Report Errors?
  • In the error report, I keep seeing this although it does not show up as error on screen. Is it an issue?

"(2)(+0000000): Attachment file '/Users/yiu/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/h0q8f0yb.default/zotero/storage/AHSGBTNI/http:::proquest.umi.com.ezproxy.lb.polyu.edu.hk:dissertations:preview_all:9635479.pdf' not found"

BTW, looks like the file was generated by a MAC machine. I use both MAC and PC (Window XP) but not sure why ":" is included in the file name. FYI.
  • No, it's not an issue. It just means the file is missing. If you're no longer receiving a sync error, things are working as they should.
  • Dan,

No problem reported by my MAC but still seeing error with my PC. Bug info is reported as below.

Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIFile.create]

Report ID : 1209154795

The Debug ID is D710721828.

Please advise, thanks!
  • I have tried to reset the sync to "Restore from Zotero Server".

Still having the sync problem with the following bug report.

Report ID : 488417211

The Debug ID is D179430039.
  • Wait for 2.0b7.2, which should fix this. It'll be out in a day or two.

Don't use Restore to/from Zotero Server. These are file sync issues and have nothing to do with metadata syncing.