Please update your warning messages and/or information

I recently had to reinstall Zotero desktop without a local backup, and when I entered my account details to sync, got this warning:
"You are about to sync the 'zenBen' account to an empty Zotero database. This could happen if you removed your previous database or if the location of your Zotero data directory changed. If your Zotero data exists elsewhere on this computer, you should move it to the current data directory or change the data directory location to point to your existing data."

That first sentence reads as though the online library will be wiped by syncing to an empty database. This led to plenty of wasted time as I tried to find another way, and it would be nice if you could document this situation better, and rewrite your warning to be less ambiguous.
  • That first sentence reads as though the online library will be wiped by syncing to an empty database.
    I don't think it particularly implies that — it's syncing to an empty database, and even if it were with, that'd be no different from syncing a new computer, which obviously doesn't wipe the online library — but I agree that it should be clearer. Issue created.

To be clear, this is really just warning you that your previously existing database is missing, which usually happens from moving or accidentally deleting the database, and that you may want to fix that before redownloading/duplicating your entire database.