Word screen jumps around

Hello, since a couple of weeks I am experiencing some trouble with Zotero & Word.

Working in Web Layout and with the Footnote panel open, screen jumps around whenever I type anything anywhere. It's pretty annoying and almost impossible to write anything when the screen keeps jumping up and down. I show it in the following video: https://dauam-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/ignacio_cabello_uam_es/EWsbHZFDA4dIr-3WHxOkmWEBAm2flOmf9OvpL0fXJC8Xtg?e=m71WCw

I'm running Word365, Version 2101 (Build 13628.20274), on Windows 10.

Thank you,

Ignacio
  • Zotero does not in any way interact with Word except during citation insertion or document update (i.e. refresh, style change or similar). Unless you have a running Zotero operation in the background, which seems like you don't, this is simply a Word bug and should be reported to Microsoft. If this only happens to documents with Zotero citations it likely indicates that the bug is related to Word Fields, which are a Word feature and used for variety of non-Zotero applications, such as auto-updating page numbers, dates, etc.
  • Thanks for your reply.
    I already asked in Microsoft forums and they told me to open Word in safe mode. It worked fine, so they told me it had to be a 3rd party app or plugin.

The problem happens only in Web Layout and with the footnote panel open, so that's why I thought it may have to do with Zotero running throughout footnotes or something similar.
  • Do you have any other plugins in Word aside from Zotero? Does it happen in a new document?
  • Hello:
    I disabled all plugins (Acrobat and Zotero) and problem persists, even in a new document with footnotes but without Zotero citations. So it seems to be a Microsoft error.
    Thank you anyway!