Default pdf viewer on Fedora, KDE

Hi all,
I wonder if anyone has experience with that issue in this forum:
Trying to open a pdf from zotero, I am presented with the list of options containing only "Karbon" (which is not what I want...).

Normally, pdfs open with zathura, this is my system default. Moreover, KDE lists also Okular and Inkscape as associated applications, which they are also missing from the list I am presented with when I open from Zotero.

I suppose this is a KDE thing but hopefully someone has an idea how to fix this... Thanks!
  • I have to add that, a long list of applications exist pressing "show more", including zathura and many other irrelevant applications. But it won't make it default. I have to click "show more" every time and scroll to the bottom of the list.
  • Thanks @fcheslack, hadn't seen that.
    Didn't help though :( Adding the mentiones lines in "~/.local/share/applications/defaults.list" (which in my case did not exist) doesn't seem to change anything. I tried the Okular commands as described.

What's more weird, when I try to manually select a viewer from the preferencies, I navigate with the dialogue window to /usr/bin and /bin/ (which just links to /usr/bin/), there is no zathura! The binary lives there but does not appear in the window.

Even more weird than that is that I get different list of files in /usr/bin/ and /bin/, which is awkward... am I missing something here?

btw, copying the zathura binary to the home folder (just to check), and it appears in the dialogue box for selection. Though, when I try opening a pdf, in zotero, nothing happens.

Any idea?
  • You're likely using a third-party package of Zotero that's sandboxed. You'd have to add an exception to the sandbox or use the tarball from our site.
  • Indeed, I got the zotero-snap. I had forgotten that detail.
    Thanks, I'll try again!
  • UPDATE:
    The tarball version, with the following instructions worked like a charm:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/installation

Shouldn't have messed with the snapcraft version in the first place :)