Problems with export/import of a library: sorting flawed

Hello!

I want to export my library (a surprising amount of papers sorted in different sub-folders, most of them include a pdf file) an re-import it on a different PC.
I did the following:

File > Export Library > Zotero RDF (including Notes and Files)
This created a folder "My Library" with a .rdf file and a subfolder filled with a lot of subfolders each presumably corresponding to a citation. They each contain varying amounts of pictures, pdfs, RSC files and so on. I could not see any doubletts by checking a few folders.

File > Import > folder "My library"
This did somewhat import the data, but the sorting is flawed. Each folder of the first level has been added correctly as far as I can tell. Subfolders of the first level have been genertated once, subfolders of the second level have been generated twice, the third level has been generated three times and so on.

I'm using Zotero 5.0.95
What can I do? The sub-and-subsub-folder-structure might not be wise but has grown naturally over the years and is very important to me.
  • edited January 26, 2021
    If this is for your own use, don't use export to transfer your library between computers.

https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/transferring_a_library
    Subfolders of the first level have been genertated once, subfolders of the second level have been generated twice, the third level has been generated three times and so on.
    This was fixed earlier today, before your post, but you'd need to re-export. But, again, you absolutely shouldn't use export and import if you're just trying to transfer your library to another computer.
  • Thanks a lot. I'll just copypaste then.