Problem of File Sync, with unlimited storage subscription, "D1241043716"

Hi,

my name is Alex, I have an account with unlimited storage at Zotero, and I have a problem with the synchronisation of my files. I thought it was working, but it is actually been several months that my files stay in my local zotero in my computer, only the references are updated online on Zotero File Storage. My computer has been blocked recently, and I became aware of the problem when I wanted to use my web zotero as a back up.

Would it be possible to help me ? I would really need your assistance here. I synchronise my files everyday after work from my local zotero (with the button on the top right of the screen), and I have selected in my sync preferences the option to synchronise my files too.

To repare the problem, following the support instructions (https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/files_not_syncing and https://www.zotero.org/support/debug_output#debug_output_logging) I did "Reset File Sync History" and try to synchronise again, it had no effect, a lot of my files are still not updated online. Here is the corresponding Debug ID "D1241043716", with the first sync after the "Reset File Sync History", and the opening of one file not updated online.

Before all these operations, I even tried "Replace Online Library", nothing had an effect on my web .

Thank you very much, and have a nice day !

Alex
  • File upload sync finished for My Library (4704 succeeded, 0 failed)
    What makes you think there's a problem?

Your debug output shows 4700 files being synced, all or nearly all skipped because they already existed online.

Only 32 out of 4700+ attachments in your library don't have files available online, and I'd guess those don't exist locally either. There was likely a problem saving them locally or the computer where they were added was never synced.

The file you opened at the end of the debug output exists online.

I'm not seeing anything amiss here.
  • Hi Dstillman,
    thank you very much for your quick answer !

It's a confusion of mine with the displayed informations online, and I think I understood it yesterday night : when I went to check online the file I was interested in, (the one from the debug ID), I saw that the corresponding "modified time" was from last july. It confused me and I thought it didn't get updated right, since the "modified time" of the file on my local zotero was very recent.
    I could have downloaded the online file and checked with the content, but since this item is just a word file which doesn't have any bibliographic informations associated with it, there is no "attachement" category (contrary to an scientific article for instance) : I thought directly there was no file associated with my item and didn't think to try to download. My bad.

Everything is good now, thank you for your time !

Last quick question : can you tell me how you got the informations you told me with Zotero based on the Debug ID I provided you ? In case I meet another problem/confusion.

Have a nice day,
    Alex
  • when I went to check online the file I was interested in, (the one from the debug ID), I saw that the corresponding "modified time" was from last july
    That's the modification time of the attachment item, not the file. (The distinction is a little confusing, and we might be able to improve this in the future.)
    can you tell me how you got the informations you told me with Zotero based on the Debug ID I provided you ? In case I meet another problem/confusion.
    Just post it here and explain your problem. The debug output isn't meant to be understandable to non-developers.
  • Understood, thank you very much.