Upgraded storage, and then, boom.

Hi all,

I upgraded my storage plan today, and then voila, my chrome extension (Mac) no longer works for the websites through which my university redirects me to download scholarly papers.

The extension is still there (I can see it), and it does work to download your average pdf file from a different website not associated with the schools.

Not sure what caused this, as all I did was upgrade a storage plan.

The only other clues out there that I think tell me something are that a) I can open the Zotero application on my mac, no problem....but b) the Zotero "connector" says that "Zotero is currently unavailable"

I have literally no clue of what to actually trouble shoot here, or where to start, but my immediate goal is to fix the extension and see to it that it is able to download papers like it used to.

Where should I start? Thanks.

ID Error: 1591151295
  • Ok, I'm working it, but another question....what should I click on when I get a little banner that says, "Zotero automatically redirected your request to www.mitpressjournals.org through the proxy at ezproxy.library.wisc.edu."?

I can hit "don't proxy this site," click on "proxy settings," or on some other messages, "accept the proxy."

Thanks.
  • The storage update and the non-working extension are completely unrelated, that's just a coincidence that both happened at the same time.

For the original issue -- is this now working? You should definitely see "Zotero is currently available" in the connector preferences when you have Zotero running.

Re Proxy:
    Typically you want to "accept the proxy." That'd mean that the next time you go to any page on www.mitpressjournals.org, Zotero will automatically redirect you to the Wisconsin proxy so you have access to all materials your institution subscribes to.
    The only reason you'd typically click "don't proxy this site" would be if you're on a site you don't want to run through the university proxy. That'd be rare -- usually Zotero wouldn't prompt you -- but this can happen for pages at the library itself, for example. I

If you never want Zotero to redirect you, you can disable this entirely in the connector preferences.

• Ok, I think I a now good to go. Thanks!