"Manage Lookup Engines..." disappear

After I click the "toggle" button in the Article Lookup Engine Manager window, I can NOT find "Manage Lookup Engines..." option in the "Locate Menu", that is the straight arrow button (→) at the top-left of the right-hand column of the Zotero pane, again.

I wonder if there is another way to open the Article Lookup Engine Manager window?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
  • "Manage Lookup Engines…" should always appear in the Locate menu.

If you're not seeing it, provide a Report ID, and then restart Zotero and see if it reappears.
  • Copying from your other thread:
    Report ID: 73434626

After I click the "toggle" button in the Article Lookup Engine Manager window, I can NOT find "Manage Lookup Engines..." option and my customed search engines in the "Locate Menu". So I can not use my engiens anymore:(
    All my customend engines codes are still in the .json file.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Start Zotero.
    2. Click on "Locate Menu" ——the straight arrow button (→).
    3. Click on "Toggle" like three times.
    4. Go back to main window, when I click Locate menu, the "Manage Lookup Engines…" is not there.
    5. Restart Zotero.
    6. Still not there.
    [JavaScript Error: "TypeError: locateMenu.lastChild is null" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/locateMenu.js" line: 63}]
    Zotero_LocateMenu</this.buildLocateMenu@chrome://zotero/content/locateMenu.js:63:1
    If this only happens with your custom engines, there's likely something invalid about them. You'll have to debug that further. If you can't figure it out, share the file.
  • Thanks a lot! I am new to error report procedure.

My report ID: 73434626
  • Thanks! I just resolved the problem and it shows normal again. I didn't notice all "_hidden" is true, so obvious!
  • Hi Leung, I also got the same issue with you. The "Manage Lookup Engines..." disappear on my Zotero5. So how do you solve the problem. Thanks so much.
  • By the way, my report ID is 190600402.
    Hi, Mr. dstillman, could you help me to solve the problem. Thanks.
  • @Roboatlong: Did you make changes to engines.json?
  • @dstillman Hi, dstillman. I checked the engines.json. And i find the same problem of " all "_hidden" is true", but i really do not change it myself. So, maybe this is a bug for some unexpected change to the engines.json.

In the end, I also revised the all "_hidden" to false, so the issue was solved.
    Thanks anyway.
  • But I'm asking if you've made any changes to engines.json. Have you installed custom lookup engines?
  • @dstillman yes, I installed custom lookup engines a month ago. Maybe this is the key point, which lead to the unnoticed change to the "_hidden".