Difference between "Member" and "Admin" role

Hi, I would like to understand what is the difference between member and admin role, I have a group that has one owner and 2 admins and rest of the group (24) are members. All members are not able to add or edit and they only have view access.
In settings I see an option (1) to choose all members to have add and edit access and there is also an option (2) to change members role to admin role so they can add or edit. I'm unable to decide which option is better.
I could not find an existing discussion about this, please share link if one already exists.
  • Admins can add and remove members. You can change the library settings to allow members or only admins to add and edit items.
  • Other than add and remove members are there any other privileges for Admins?
  • No, that's it. I'd generally recommend against having too many admins in a group without a compelling reason, so unless you have a compelling reason to assign admin to someone (or you also need people who can view but not edit in the group) I'd recommend leaving the 24 as members.
  • edited January 25, 2021
    thanks for input.

What happens if one of the members accidently deletes a folder or file (when they have access to add or edit), can admin or owner retrieve that info from trash?
  • One more related question: when file editing < any group members and library editing < only group admins are selected, would that give access to all members to add files in to the group? but not to delete or edit?
    OR
    what is the difference between file editing and library editing?
  • if one of the members accidently deletes a folder or file (when they have access to add or edit), can admin or owner retrieve that info from trash?
    No, but the ability (for anyone) to restore collections and searches from the trash is coming in an upcoming version.

Library editing refers to the data in the library. File editing returns to attached files. Without library editing, people can't make any changes to the library.