documenting mobile Web functionality

I am unable to find in the documentation anything about how the Web app works on touch devices. I am happy to edit the existing pages to add this functionality (for example, under "Adding Items to Collections" there could be some indication about the three-dots-to-select workflow), but I don't want to step on any toes or reinvent the wheel if these instructions already exist somewhere.

LMK and thanks,

g.
  • Thanks, but we don't document the web library. We document the desktop app — i.e., "Zotero" — and any documentation about the web library is likely to confuse people. The web library is pretty straightforward, and is just meant to provide access to your Zotero library when you're not able to use Zotero.
  • edited January 20, 2021
    I stand as evidence that the touch Web interface is not straightforward. And your assertion that clear, well-written documentation would “confuse people” — well, that’s just bizarre.

But, as they say, this is your pizza and you can pick the toppings.

Best of luck.
  • One person being briefly confused by something is not evidence that something isn't straightforward. It's fine to just have missed something, ask a question about it, and get an answer within a few minutes, without drawing sweeping conclusions about it.

When we get repeated questions on the same topic, we use that feedback to try to make things clearer. Perhaps that will happen here. But that's the solution to things that aren't straightforward, not creating documentation about how to use a website, which almost no one is going to read. Most websites don't come with manuals.

The Zotero app is a vastly more advanced tool, and we have hundreds of pages of documentation about how to use it. We're not going to start confusing things by trying to explain what's referring to the app vs. what's referring to the web library.