Zotero connector only saves data as web page or an error occurs when saving from database

The report ID: 1382109605
Since updating to Windows 10 (had Windows 7 previously and Zotero was perfect no issues at all) the following problems have started:
What I was able to save through Zotero connector previously now can only be saved as a web page.
There used to be an option to tick the items in Google Scholar (the connector icon changed into a folder), now it is not possible.
With other databases there is an option to tick items on the list but when I try upload it, the error occurs and the items on the list are not downloaded.
If it is just one paper in the database, not a list, the following comes up: "an error occurred saving with ScienceDirect. Attempting to save using Embedded Metadata instead" and the result is very rudimentary data (e.g. title and year only) being uploaded.
Would appreciate any advice!
  • This is exactly where I have checked before posting the comment... Was hoping for a more specific advice, anyway, will go through it again as I'd given up on a few more complicated steps
  • At a minimum we'd need all info requested in the last step and the previous troubleshooting steps are really the same things we'd ask you to run through in any scenario, so don't skip any of them.
  • I have solved this, thanks. I'm not sure what had helped in the end but running updates on my computer and simply relaunching the browser, restarting the computer does help. I've done it before but now realised it has to be repeated until it works each time there is a problem.
  • Posted it too soon. Turns out I need to restart my computer constantly for the connector to work, it lasts only for a short while. Need to run through the rest of the troubleshooting steps after all...