PaperShip

Hello all! I have a question about the PaperShip app I am not sure if anyone is familiar with. This app allows you to read PDFs on iPads/iPhones. My research team and I recently created a new shared folder and we get the message that says "Cannot Download Document- Document not found (error 404). Please make sure your library is properly synchronized and that your files are uploaded to the server" every time we try to access a document in that folder alone. Our previously shared folder works fine and all of the PDFs are able to be read. For some reason though, this folder is having issues. I synced the library on my laptop so that everything would appear and it is all readable when on the laptop. Does anyone have experience with this app and know why this might be? Thanks!
  • edited January 19, 2021
    I think discussion of PaperShip might be off topic for this forum but I’ll chime in anyway. The short answer to any question involving it is that, very regrettably, PaperShip has been all but abandoned by its devs. After years without updates there was by some small miracle a maintenance update but it’s gone from smooth to clunky and, well, it is in the slow process of breaking completely. I would encourage you to email the PaperShip devs directly via their website and encourage them to continue working on it.
  • I can't recommend PaperShip at this point. For now, I suggest working with the zotero.org web library or using the Zotfile plugin with desktop Zotero, depending on your exact needs. An official Zotero iOS app is in development.