import from mendeley fails

I followed the steps given here: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/mendeley_import

I uninstalled mendeley 1.19.4 and moved the corresponding .sqlite file out. I even deleted other config files in the folder. I downloaded mendeley 1.18 from the links provided at the end of the above article. The sync happened smoothly on the new installation. However, Zotero still seems to be unable to read the database, saying it might be encrypted. I am on the latest version of zotero on ubuntu 20.04.

What am I missing?
  • A database from 1.18 definitely wouldn't be encrypted, so you might be selecting the wrong file. If you provide a Debug ID for the import attempt we might be able to say more, but those instructions definitely work.
  • You're absolutely right - I seemed to be still launching mendeley 1.19 even after having uninstalled it using sudo apt remove mendeleydesktop.

After running sudo apt purge mendeleydesktop, and then installing version 1.18 again, I ran it from the terminal and it worked as expected. I am now able to import properly.

Thank you so much for the quick answer.