APA 7 - citation won't include year

When I click "COPY CITATION", it copies this "Barelds et al., “No Regard for Those Who Need It.” to Word.

I want it to copy this "(Barelds et al., 2018)". It's including the title when it should include the year.

Here's what I get when I click COPY BIBLIOGRAPHY if that helps.

Barelds, Dick P. H., Barbara Wisse, Stacey Sanders, and L. Maxim Laurijssen. “No Regard for Those Who Need It: The Moderating Role of Follower Self-Esteem in the Relationship Between Leader Psychopathy and Leader Self-Serving Behavior.” Frontiers in Psychology 9 (2018): 1281–1281. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2018.01281.

Thanks!
  • This looks like Chicago style or so to me. I don't think there's any way you'd get Zotero to output what you have when using APA style.

How exactly are you selecting APA 7? If you use quick copy, the citation style used is selected under Export --> Default output format (_not_ in the Cite/Styles tab).
  • That’s not APA 7 at all. It looks like a variation on Chicago style. Check that you are selecting the correct style.
  • I checked and I had selected APA under the CITE tab but Chicago under the EXPORT tab. Thanks so much! It's working now.