Modified Chicago Style using Superscript and Bibliography

I want to submit a manuscript to a journal that asks for "modified Chicago style" using superscript (in-text) and a bibliography at the end of the document. Whatever Chicago style I choose in Zotero, I get in-text references, not superscript. Can you help?
  • It's not quite clear what "Zotero using superscript" would mean. The standard Chicago styles (i.e. full-note and note) both use footnotes or endnotes, which are generally superscript, so if you just want that, set the style to endnotes (rather than footnotes) and you should get what you want.

If that's not it, you'd have to say more about what they're referring and/or link to it.
  • OK, got that. How do you get arabic numerals instead of roman numerals for the superscript?
  • That's a Word setting, see e.g. https://asklib.hks.harvard.edu/faq/124831 for changing it
  • great-thanks!
  • The journal is asking for "Modified Chicago Style." I cannot find that style listed in Zotero, so I have set the document preference to CMS, 17th edition with superscript. When I insert the references into a Word doc, instead of "Last Name, First Initial (as the journal wants)," they say, "First Name Last Name." Is it possible to find "modified Chicago style" somewhere, or a work-around?
  • "modified Chicago" isn't an actual citation style; it's just the way the journal describes what they want people to use. See https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/wiki/Requesting-Styles
  • OK, thanks, but I have document preferences set to CMS 17th edition (full note) in Zotero. Why are the references coming out in the First Name Last Name format?

• because that's correct Chicago style.
  • OK. I guess I am still stuck because none of the articles in the journal have references in that format, and I don't know how to change what I'm getting from Zotero.
  • If you need a modified style for a journal, see my link above, that's why I posted it.