Greater number of image reference types

I'm a graphic design historian and I'd like to use Zotero to reference my collection of visual material as well as my academic references. I regularly cite these visual sources on their own, they rarely have an associated written source.

Would you be able to add a generic reference type, perhaps named 'image' with a field for 'image type' to narrow down the type of image? This would be like the generic 'report' field. The kind of authors needed would be 'photographer' 'illustrator' 'designer' 'cartographer' and perhaps 'artist.'

Another option would be to add extra types to the 'author' field in the 'artwork' reference type, such as 'photographer,' 'designer,' 'illustrator.'

Image types I would like to reference in this new field would include photographs, logos, charts, maps and developmental sketches. They don't really fit under the category of artwork and its a bit misleading to identify their creators as either 'artists' or 'contributors' as in the current options for an artwork reference type.

How do other people reference images used as primary sources?