Zotero storage

How do I see which files are stored in my Zotero storage?
  • What do you mean by that?
  • In my profile on Zotero.org I see:

Current Usage
    My Library - 89.3 MB

How do I know which files are occupying these 89.3 MB?

• You can just look at the Zotero attachments in your library.

If you're asking how to tell which specific files are taking the most space, assuming you're using Zotero locally you can use a program that identifies disk usage within a given folder to find the large files. Point that to the 'storage' folder in the Zotero data directory. To get back to an attachment item from a 'storage' subfolder, copy the 8-character folder name and paste it into the Zotero search bar in All Fields & Tags mode.

Note that attachment items in the trash will take up space until you permanently delete them or empty the trash (happens after automatically after 30 days by default).
  • Hi, what I am trying to do is this:
    I usually save all my files in OneDrive. I use Zotfile for this with the rename function. So, after renaming the files are moved to my OneDrive folder. Now, a few days ago, I uploaded in Zotero a bunch of PDFs. I did drag and drop. I read in the forum that when you do drag and drop the files are stored in Zotero, correct? Then I tried to rename all the PDFs individually with Zotfile; I moved all these new files to my OneDrive, but when I checked my Zotero account I noticed that there are some files in there.
    Now, I would like to know which files that are stored in Zotero so that I can move them to OneDrive. I need to identify them. Do you know how to do that?
  • edited December 23, 2020
    You can either look for large files in 'storage', as I explain above, or you can just press + in your items list to expand all items and look for stored files in your library (the ones that don't have a chain icon).