Citation option (right clickk) in Microsoft word suddenly missing in Zotero 5.0.93

Previously I was able to change the citation to Author (year) but suddenly It is missing. Normally, I right click on the reference and it always gives the options. Now it is gone.

Example it is appearing as: (Willson et al. 2002) proposed..... but I wanted it to be : Willson (2002) proposed

can anyone help me please .. struggling for 2 days.. thanks in advance

Surej.
  • I'm not clear what exactly you're right-clicking, but that's never been the way to adjust this in Zotero.

You can do this by customizing the citation and using Suppress Author.
  • Suppress Author will only give the year without authors name. I was able to pick the options when I click on it and it give option how I can call that citation : Author's . Year etc..
  • I was able to pick the options when I click on it
    No, you weren't. You're thinking of something other than Zotero. This is how it has always worked in Zotero. You have to type the name manually — both for technical reasons and because the name can vary based on your sentence structure (e.g., "Wilson's (2002)").

A future version of Zotero will make the basic case ("Wilson (2002)") easier, but this is how it has always worked.
  • You are probably thinking of Endnote, which has a right click menu like that.