Error: zotero json[c.field] is undefined (Report-ID 358069163)

Every time I start Zotero I am greeted with a red exclamation mark in the top-right corner. When I click on it, it says "My library: zotero json[c.field] is undefined".

I don't notice any malfunction, but I suppose under the hood there is some trouble that should be fixed. But what should I do?

Thanks!
  • edited December 17, 2020
    Can you generate debug output for Zotero startup through receiving the error using Help → Debug Output Logging → "Restart with Logging Enabled…", submit the output, and provide the Debug ID?
  • You should also check your database integrity from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences.
  • Problem solved, thanks to your help.

1) checked database integrity. It said "no errors found". BUT: the red exclamation mark with the error-message has disappeared! So I think this step has already solved the issue.

2) I have restarted Zotero with activated logging and submitted the output: ID is D1970096626. BUT: I suppose that's not interesting anymore, since the issue seems to be solved.
  • The integrity check would've have fixed anything — it was almost certainly just the restarting that did it.

If you see this again, let us know.
  • it's odd though. I've been seeing this error for several weeks now, it's been greeting me each morning. So all these re-starts of Zotero never changed a thing. Now the integrity check, restart, and it's gone. Maybe just coincidence, but of course, from my perspective it seems like a logical consequence, because I changed one thing (integrity check) and immediately afterwards the problem was solved. Anyway, I'll be back if "it" comes back :-)