Center Pane - Restore original view?

I was adding columns to the middle pane. When I clicked "restore column order" the grid lines and the grey shade for every other item disappeared. I'd like to restore back to the grid lines and grey shading but can't figure out how to do this. Any suggestions?
  • Can you take a screenshot of what you're seeing, upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox), and provide a link here?

Have you tried restarting Zotero, or toggling other columns?
  • edited December 17, 2020
    I restarted and tried toggling, but nothing has worked
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1y2bzqf8ru31di6/zotero.jpg?dl=0

• What are you saying hasn't worked? That just shows only the Title column being enabled. You should be able to turn on other columns from the column picker.
  • edited December 17, 2020
    Or you're talking specifically about the styling of alternating rows? That doesn't have anything to do with the column picker or anything you did. There are no alternating rows in current versions of Zotero on Windows, and there haven't been in years (if ever — I don't remember). This matches the styling of Windows File Explorer, which also doesn't display alternating rows.
  • Yes, alternating rows. I'm on the latest version of Zotero, and this just happened tonight. One moment the grid was showing. After clicking restore column order, it switch over to the no grid view shown in the image. Disappointed with this view and hoped to switch back, sad to hear this is the latest version.
  • To be clear, this hasn't changed in years. I don't know what you were seeing before, but you can see my link above to a thread from 2016 — there's absolutely nothing new here.